I hear very often when spoken about graphic /logo design, CGI, Visualisation etc. ‘Find someone on Fiverr’ and it makes me scream on the inside.
Yes, there is a possibility that you will find someone good – eventually, but if you take to the account the time spent and amount of frogs you need to kiss before finding your prince, I can’t help but wonder … Is it really worth it?
Don’t get me wrong I’ve used Fiverr and similar platforms to outsource some of my own stuff like putting together advertisement videos or slideshows with text or voice overlay
Most of the time the research and due diligence I’ve done paid off but then again I know what to look for and what questions to ask to check someone’s credibility or I’d like to think I do.
There are pros and cons to everything. If the price is the only factor then yes, by all means, go to Fiverr and get it done. But if quality, consistency, accountability has any weight on your decision, consider this:
Also quite probably you’ll have to repeat the brief few times to get it across as good conversational English doesn’t go hand in hand with technical one.
2.The portfolio showcased as experience might be from the time at the university and result of group effort. When you ask if the artist can replicate the outcome they will start to deflect at first but -when grilled long enough- they’ll say ‘No’.
- it is crucial to check when the latest paid project was done.
- The design is a discipline that needs to be practised to achieve excellence. The software and techniques are changing so much that only someone, who keeps up to date with technology, can provide the best results.
3.The price will go up 10x or 20x with the next project.
- Usually, they will drive the price way down initially to attract you but with the next project, they will match the prices/ hourly rate of UK, EU providers.
- Or they have silver, gold and platinum packages. Silver one (worth £5) will give you model of the table or chair required to stage your property and 1 revision of the model as renders (images) are not included in that package.
We got used to launching prices in the property industry but if you are pressed for time you don’t want to be looking for someone else, who’ll do it cheaper but required quality.
Starting the vetting process again is time-consuming. You went through this already to find the current artist.
4.When they are dragging their feet, not meeting the deadline and you start nagging them, they will just stop answering or drop the task completely.
As they are based on the other side of the world, accountability is non-existent.
If you give them bad review they will close the account, open a new one and they’re good to go again.
And you’re back where you started with no product and much closer to the deadline.
5. With CGI and Visualisation- just like in photography – some of the final touches are added in post-processing.
Knowing the 3D modelling software ( having completing course certificate) doesn’t always mean that the person is able to create decent images out of it.
Great images require investment in good rendering and post-processing software which aren’t cheap, so the finished effect won’t be the same. Specialist’s efficiency will affect the lead time as well.
There is always more than one way to approach and create graphics. Not all of them are equally effective. Only specialist proficient in few can pick the right tool for the job and avoid “using a
6. The best way to avoid the disappointment and not to waste time is to give the assignment to a few people on Fiverr at the same time. Then use the best performer for your
It requires a higher initial investment to find the winner, but you’ll have someone good in your corner.
The risk is they may stop freelancing or go for full-time employment, long term contract and raise their rates, which means your project won’t be the priority anymore and visuals may be more expensive than the last time.
In property business, we talk about assembling your power team and how the right people in your business can affect your growth, make or break you financially and mentally. Especially if you chasing deadlines and trying to escape the default, rework can be expensive and falling behind the schedule damaging to your reputation.
A good specialist will save you money, advise you on the
“There will always be someone, who will do it cheaper”.