Do you like the idea of selling your flats off-plan but the prices of CGI -Computer Generated Images seem too steep?
These 7 SIMPLE TIPS will help you get beautiful affordable CGI, save time and headache in the process.
Set a date for the beginning of our marketing campaign and start looking for your Virtual Design Services 2 months earlier. Why?
– you are giving yourself time to browse for good specialist.
– best value CGI providers will have many project in pipeline and -by leaving this decision to last minute- you’ll have to settle for whoever is available.
– if you decide to award your project to person/ company found on Fiverr or Freelancer and the outcome is disappointing or deadline missed, you still have time to create Visuals without changing programme.
It takes time to find good CGI provider from outside of UK and although their portfolio looks good the language barrier – more often than not – is causing delays as things get lost in translation.
Starting early removes the sense of urgency and extra price tag attached to express delivery.
2. READ T&C’s and REVIEW Scope of works.
I really can stress this enough.
Find out how many changes are included in original quotation letter.What happens when the extra work is required or design changes.
Is the site visit included? Is it really necessary?
Most companies have set number of changes included in quote and I don’t mean complete redesign of the building or redecorating whole thing.To know what’s included and what is subjected to Order Change Request you need to read the above and than decide impact of your changes.
Understand the process and ask if something is not clear.
3. EXPLAIN WHAT DO YOU NEED THE CGI FOR.
Good briefing is one of the most important parts of whole process. Spend as much time as possible with the CGI provider. Make sure they understand purpose of whole exercise and not taking advantage of your lack of experience in working with digital models and rendering.
“5 min of preparation and planning saves 20 min in execution”
What is the purpose of the visualisation?
– Planning Approval,
– Design review,
– Business proposal,
– Brochures, Marketing,
Is it conceptual design, or maybe u need to show impact on neighbourhood and new Facade to planning comity?
Will you use it for online marketing and can be compressed to make it load faster on social media?
Will you use it brochures , banners and needs to be in highest resolution?
Do you need something creative to break the snooze of PowerPoint presentation and excite them?
These all are factors influencing the final price tag.
Do you REALLY need 28 images representing every room in your property or one typical bedroom, bathroom and 2 shots of living room and open plan kitchen.
Don’t suggest you want the top of the range product. Explain what you need the CGI for and let them give you some options. There is so many different types of CGI not all will work for you and not all will be useful. Buy one get one at 70 or 50% offer may sound great but we all know where the extras usually end up. In a bin or attic (loft) or becomes irrelevant.
4. SPECIFY YOU BUDGET IF YOU HAVE ONE.
– there are various types of CGI, and it might be difficult to decide what you want,
– you probably can’t have it all,
– but you may get what you need.
5. REVIEW SCOPE OF WORKS BEFORE SENDING PO (PURCHASE ORDER).
– go over the order and double check it.
– sometimes concept changes or requirements and if we don’t review the scope of work we might end up with CGI for wrong apartment and to old brief.
6. PROVIDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE. GUESSWORK= REWORK AND COSTS MONEY AND TIME.
– be specific in your brief.
– spend as much time as required to discuss the details.
– provide images, screen shots, picture of desired finishes.
– “I want heavier bed throw” or “blue kitchen”, “I want different shade of copper” is not it.
– use Pinterest for inspiration, Instagram, google images
– make sure your Virtual Design Specialist understands the design intent.
– Focus of what’s important – floor finishes, fitted kitchen or bathroom, door. Lighting. – built-in items.
7. REVIEW DRAFTS QUICKLY.
– Schedule time for drafts review and keep in touch.
– good communication is the key.
– every business wants to minimise downtime. Voids are dangerous not only for property business.
– by delaying review and comments to draft images you might find that resources have been reallocated and you’ve been moved further down the queue and which will affect he lead time even more.
In any business the smoother workflow the better results.
Follow the simple tips and you’ll guarantee yourself the best value for money and short sweet lead time.